Friday, May 11, 2007

Tagged for The Thinking Blog!

Photo
Begun in February 07 at the above link to The Thinking Blog (after discussing the problems with Meme's)ilker yoldas has created a great way to find Blogs with real content. Ilker's thought: Most meme's just reveal personal information and don't bring you to blogs of great thought or at least not ones you share an interest in. Of course for me blogging is a way to connect with adults in the longer hours of SAHM Homeschooling. Don't get me wrong I Love my kids, love having them home, but since my teens are at a public school and work---most of my day is with kids 12 and under. You can only teach phonics and addition so many times before you NEED to expand your mind. I love exploring the many ideas out there and the safe place this creates to look at things from a new perspective. So while my children run between the rain drops I'll find/tag my 5 blogs that make me think.

Here are the rules:

If you get tagged with a Thinking Blogger Award, you are then supposed to do the following:

1. Write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote.

#1 I have to start with Daniellebean
Not only is this the first one I look at each day it is one of the first I found when I learned blogs existed for 'normal' people. Part of the charm for me is how much she sounds like my sister, she is funny and yet always challenges me to think about what I do as wife and mother that works, and to share it; what doesn't work, and drop it.

#2 My girlfriend Christine.Her new page is As My House Turns. She takes EVERY situation and turns it over to the Lord in prayer. I need reminders to do that. Daily.

#3 A Catholic Mom in Hawaii. First time I've really communicated with someone from around the world. Maybe there's a little of Gramps and his HAM radio work that rubbed of after all.

#4 One I don't get to as often as I'd like is The Anchoress. I love the idea of every church having someone who 'anchors' it, Always available with help, a listening ear, new ideas, just a constant presense.

#5 Last of all is at Three Plus Two for her Carnival Of Joy! who has already been tagged but My need to Think about joy rather than just hope for it makes this one of my priorities.

4 comments:

Esther said...

Mahalo nui loa for the tag!! Wow, I feel so humbled by that!

Mary B said...

Oh you are a celebrity now! But you'll have to tell this yankee/canook what you just said.

Christine said...

Ok....It took me a while, but I not only made my list, but I figured out how to make the links AND add an image to my blog....Oh the work you made me do! LOL

Christine

Esther said...

LOL! I'm glad I checked back. I said thank you very much Mary! :-)