Tuesday, September 4, 2007

First Day of School

I had a really crazy summer--- well you know...

anyway I could not decide how to start school. At 8 am I was in the shower still unsure but I actually brought the kids to 8:30am Mass. It was a nice way to start the year and the kids were complimented by the gentleman behind us.

Home we went where I did the measuring. Took each kids height and weight and made a poster with the stats in their hand prints (traced the outline)

Then I set them up with things they could do without me to run for a quick meeting with the new Religious ed director. Unfortunately we found a leak in the closet area had ruined 3 shelves of books and paper. What a moldy, smelly mess!

Anyway we have dates picked, I have a teachers guide, and we have some of the books we need.
When I returned I learned that my children can watch each other but they still bowl me over when I get in, so in true homeschool fashion, I walked right back out of the house and made them greet me again.

After lunch we worked on a mosaic project I had saved all summer. They enjoyed smashing tile and playing with the designs.









The younger ones watched a phonics show while I review some things with David and Sarah and sent them to read. Now they are off to play till soccer.

Not a bad first day. Not bad at all.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

It's sounds like a very good first day. Ours went well too.

Esther said...

Your children are so sweet-looking!