Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Cheer Challenge

http://blessedamongmen.blogspot.com/2007/12/christmas-cheer-challenge.html

My favorite Blogger has a sister who blogs and at the above link you will find a great way to spread some Christmas Cheer. If you haven't found a stranger or someone in need yet that you could help I highly recommend it.
This week my daughter and I sewed bedding for our friends that went in foster care. We were able to hear that they are doing well, are well loved, are 'allowed' to go to church now (weren't before this home) And their foster Family has taken care of most of their needs and wants but had saved us a little way to help.
Many at our church gave a gift through the Angel tree. They could give a gift to a child in DSS by choosing their name off a tree in the vestibule.
My favorite idea was when I was given an ornament of the 3 French Hens with a card from the Heiffer Project. My godson's family had purchased a clutch of chickens for a family in poverty in my name. I love these kinds of ideas that help us focus on all that we already have instead of what we don't have. I need all the reminders I can get!

No comments: