Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Zenit.org

Zenit is a non profit Catholic News organization out of Rome. It provides translations of all letters and documents, sermons from those who preach to the Papl household, (like Fr. Cantelamessa), and a wealth of information.
Today I read a translation of a letter to Rome on the crisis in Education, and it is very inspiring, challenging and yet reasuring. The gentleness of our Shepherd is an often unrecognized gift from our God.

It also bore sad news. Eduardo Bonnin, founder of Cursillo, died at age 90 last Wednesday February 6. From the article:

"Laypeople's role
The Cursillos of Christianity began in Spain, on the island of Mallorca, between the years of 1940 and 1949. "Numerous laymen and some priests, enlightened by the Holy Spirit, discovered very clearly the fact that laymen too, in virtue of the sacraments of baptism and confirmation, perform an active role in evangelization," the national secretariat site explained.
The movement spread throughout all of Spain and from there to the Americas and beyond.
A wake is under way today and will continue through Feb. 9. The funeral will be celebrated Feb. 12 by Bishop Jesús Murgui of Mallorca."

I am a child of Cursillo and also a Cursillista. I was old enough when my parents went to sense the great change that happened in our family. It began simply. While my mother was on her retreat my father sat us at the table to color. For what may have been the first time we actively prayed for her and her special time with Jesus.
When I made my Cursillo my husband taught my 2 little ones to pray for me, actively! Life has never been the same.
Remember: Christ is counting on you!

and I on Him.

1 comment:

Esther said...

I love Zenit. I don't know what I would do w/o them.

May he rest in peace.