Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Back again

Well I’m a little less melancholy now even though, yes, my friend Margie passed away today. Margie lost an unimaginable 6 children before carrying to term (while her twin struggled with infertility.) It was her house/preschool I ran to when I found out I was losing my first. My mom worked there and I knew I’d have 2 strong, prayerful shoulders to cry on.Then I only knew the shell of her story. When I made my Cursillo she was on team and shared the whole thing. I saw Jesus right behind her the whole time she talked and that is how she lived her life. Like her friend Jesus had his arm around her enjoying every joke and holding her up. She, by then had a lovely family who willingly shared her when she was on team–which was often. Today she’s holding those babies herself!And what did she teach me in Cursillo? There is plenty of community in the Catholic church. It happens when we let Christ in us reach out to others.Last weekend there were 26 Cursillos going on with tens of thousands sacrificing and praying for all those on Cursillo— and all those being called to one.They are internationally known. For community, it is the best.

2 comments:

Esther said...

Mary, I am so sorry for your loss. May she rest in peace.

Mary B said...

Thank you! Sg=he was so sweet. My sister posted one of her favorite poems to Christ in her blog BlessedMomtoOne