Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Plan

So I've been busy fighting migraines. Think I'm back now for a few weeks. My daughter is pushing for me to learn biofeedback but I can't picture being able to meditate in silence in a house that has 4 girls 12 and under.
Sunday's graduation party was nice. We all had fun. Lissa even came for an hour. With friends.
Monday was our last co-op class for Science so we cleaned upstairs while they finished. We went to fun party at night, a fundraiser for hunger programs. It turned out to be a nice night. We met pioneers in homeschooling and a couple that's wanted to ask us about it for a year.
Tuesday was completely lost to the same migraine I had all day Monday. We did some school and I swept but that was it.
Today is farm day, Sarah's first guitar lesson, and, I hope, our first meeting to plan a New England Catholic Homeschool Conference. Please pray for this!
I also want to work on my strategy for getting control of myself again after what I relearned through Bible study this year.

Here are some of my thoughts:


  • daily vitamin
  • 8:30 Mass by myself
  • exercise at Y
  • cut caffeine down more
  • drink more water
  • cut alcohol
  • actually play with the kids (not just watch) 1 hour a day minimum
  • 1 hard week cleaning then keep the kids outside
  • 1 hard week setting up school for next year then put aside
  • take advantage of the air conditioning to finish the quilt for Mum and Dad (I'm so close)
  • restart Cursillo group
  • once a week on a cool day- bake like crazy

Yes I think about it first and stay flexible and tweak the plan as needed, but I really have to get myself back so I feel like I have something to give again.

Peace

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Your plan sounds very good, Mary. I'd like to hear how it works out for you. I'll pray for the meeting tonight. I won't be coming to it, but I hope to help out with the conference in some way when it gets closer.

BlessedMomto1 said...

Sounds like a solid plan. I think I will take some of your thoughts and figure out how to apply them to my life. Love ya!

Mary B said...

We'll see-- I never trust what I come up with during a migraine and they didn't stop till last night.
Meeting was OK -I have lots ready but only Jen could come.