Wednesday, August 20, 2008

This and That

I had a funny today. Ester tagged me in a Meme: "what picture I would use for my holy card, should I make it to saint, and of what cause(s) I wanted to be patroness."
Just as I thought: Well I can't scan an old picture, I take one of my messy desk and coffee cup and be patroness of over scheduled, highly caffeinated, techno-moms, in came Zoe. She had just dropped the small digital camera. I think my Guardian Angel is saving me from utter embarrasment!

In other news, we did visit my inlaws and the children they stole borrowed over the weekend. Leslie was brave enough to stay, I burned the top of my chest where I missed with the sunscreen, we saw fireworks: almost ion the beach but the threat of lightnight sent us to her back window. It was both my inlaws birthdays this week. We gave my FIL new BBQ tools with foldable handles like a swiss army knife. For MIL we had the local garden shop make her an herb garden in a terra cotta bowl-shaped pot.


Since then I've spent hours trying to promote our New England Catholic Homeschool Conference. We have a lot of work to do but have reached a wonderful arrangement with Seton. That makes me far more confident. Did you know there are over 20 yahoo groups for homeschooling Catholics in New England and New York! We have GOT to condense people.

What else? September's schedule needs to be prioritized. Its more than a little crazy. And last nigyht Jeff and I shared the wine my parents gave us for our anniversary: a 2006 Bella Sera Pino Grigio! It was lovely!

Blog Plans for fall involve --- consentrating on the group site. To keep you busy here are some things I've read from The Carnival of Homeschooling:

100 Best YouTube Videos for Teachers

Who's Running the Show-- on overcoming obstacles in learning something new/hard.

Now that School is a Choice

100 Essential Web Tools for Homeschoolers

Possible idea for GodParent Grandparent Xmas Gift


With Love,


PS I have started trying to added RSS feed but I'm not sure its up correctly. I started trying it at the same time BlogSpot was updating and adding tons of new things. If you try and it worksd let me know.

2 comments:

Esther (joeysmom) said...

Oh no :-)

Mary B said...

Well if I'm not listening to my angel -- my angel is willing to take out the proverbial 2 by 4!