Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Humility

Tonight we dissected Milton's poem Lycidas and his argument against censorship Aeoropagetica. As the oldest in the class I feel very Humble.

No I did not do better than all the 20 year olds.

Even at discerning the Christian references, never mind the myths.

Anyway, Milton argues that untried virtue is less valuable, less respectable, than virtue that is tested, that has constantly had to chose in temptation, the right path.

As a mom I ask, "at what point?"


Full Disclosure: Spell Check used on this post.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I can see Milton's argument..at least as an adult. I really want my children to be untested virtuous, though...at least until they are ready to put on the Whole Armor of God for themselves and go out into the world.....