Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Praying for our Husbands and Sons Retreat in October (PS This is good for single gals too!)

I made up my mind a LONGGGG time ago to love my daughter in laws as much as my Mother-in-law has loved me. What better way than to pray for my sons to be capable of being a great husband? I hope in that way my sons will search out a truly wonderful woman who reflects strong values and is up to the task of raising good children in the modern world.

I finally found my set of Scriptural Prayers for Husbands. There is one per day for a month. I am going to set them up as a retreat for all of us for October. Feel free to comment on ways your DH exemplifies each virtue and on ways to connect each prayer to the Sacraments of our church or a saint you love.

In the meantime, yes, college and co-op and soccer and ccd and choir and pulling out fall clothes are keeping me very busy. Oh and the conference! (You didn't forget did you?!)

Peace

2 comments:

Patrice Fagnant-MacArthur said...

Hi Mary,

I heard you mention today that you had a blog so I thought I'd see if I could find you - success! Please check out my blog as well sometime when you have the chance:

http://spiritualwomanthoughts.blogspot.com

See you next week!

Patrice

Heather said...

How can we who are just seeing this, also begin praying when it's already 11 days past the start?

God bless,
Heather