Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Retreat starts tomorrow

Now you all remember right? You'll link to your sight and do this right?

You forgot? OK Here goes....

Starting October 1 we are going to pray for our husbands in a special way. Using Scripture we will focus on specific things God has said about Godly men and the tasks he requires of them and the relationship he wants to have with them. I know it is hard to know what to pray for concerning our precious men, but I know I want my sons to have a deep relationship with our Lord. I want my daughters who marry to chose a man with a 'heart for the Lord' because that is a man who will deeply love, not just the woman she is now but the woman God calls her to be.

And it is retreat. While I will still be out and about and responding to comments I will not interrupt with other posts.

Note to Husbands:

You are our Dear gifts from God and, as your help-meet, we want to do what is best for you. We are learning to first change ourselves and grow in holiness. We are learning to depend on the Lord so as not to overburden you. We are learning to love you better, here, where you are now and yet to pray for you and your future.
Pray for us while we work through this retreat. As always when the Lord calls us to pray for someone else--- He is really calling us to be closer to Him, often in a way we have avoided before. Pray that we will be open to his Spirit and grow to love and serve Him more.

1 comment:

Esther said...

I'm joining you Mary. Thanks so much for doing this! I've posted about it on my blog.