Thursday, November 6, 2008

Close

I've been having a hard time expressing my thoughts about the election and this article comes close.
http://www.faithandfamilylive.com/blog/an_almost_perfect_moment/

Its not just that I think people are harder on Bush than is really justified (see today's WSJ article by Jeffery Scott Shapiro. Mr. Shapiro is an investigative reporter and lawyer who previously interned with John F. Kerry's legal team during the presidential election in 2004.
: HT Ester.) but of course you can't speak that publicly without being chastised.

Its not just that is insulting to think if you VOTE for McCain you must be racist (I liked Allan Keyes way back when.)

Its not just that I believe there are LOTS of women like Palin who are good, capable and who would change this country around. Plenty of women, with great potential, understand that putting their family first as a mom means, when they do get out into PTA, School Committee, Local Government and try for more, they will have less experience and have fewer cronies to help. That doesn't have to be a bad thing. Trying new ways and getting cronyism out of government is a very good thing.

Yes, she made mistakes and wasn't his first pick
and had only 2 months to overcome all that and Stevens
and Trig
and Palin Gate.
(Don't even get me started here: If I had a Brother in Law use his state issued weapon on my nephew-- or any child- - and I was responsible for that state, I would do everything to get him fired. Period. Luckily all my BIL's are respectable, honorable men.)

My difficulty in discussing it really is this biggest issue:
How can a nation, as it finally undoes some of the harm of treating one class of people less human, less worthy of rights,
how can we at the same time ensure that another class of humans will be destroyed even faster? Do those who straddle the fence on life issues not realize the vastness of the life defeats this election?

It was at Consent of the Governed I tought I saw a quote by Thomas Jefferson: I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.

No comments: