Monday, January 4, 2010

A Mother's Rule of Life

At www.thesteeds.net Happy Little Homemaker is a young mom looking to spend January and February studying A Mother's Rule of Life and actually making it work. She's already read the book 5 times. Maybe this is what I need? I've been think ever since our life went crazy how unprepared I was for so much change and how much I needed a retreat. Perhaps a working retreat is the best idea.
Each Saturday she will post an assignment and ask for comments and she's even planned an extra/catchup week knowing what a mom's life can be. This week she asked why we want to join this project. Here was my response:

"I've had and read the book and even started some of the work. However many big parts of our lives have changed and I need some real thought to go into 'what are my priorities?'
I have 7 kids, babysit a nephew, homeschool and am a leader in our support group. Before taking on babysitting I had started going back to school and started substitute teaching (and a small part time job ) while my husband was out of work. The problem is I REALLY loved being out of the house. Now he is back at work and I need to decide what I really want, what is best for the family and if I can stay home with a thankful heart."

4 comments:

Patrice Fagnant-MacArthur said...

I love being out of the house, too, but I always find it makes it that much harder to come back and I have to readjust to my stay-at-home life. I'm sure it is very hard for you to readjust. You'll be Ok. We are all hear to support you and pray for you. Hang in there! You are a wonderful Mom!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Mary B said...

Thanks Patrice!
Anonymous, too, although now I feel like I have less to say. I used to write about things others had as well but at least I was practicing my writing and getting my thoughts out. Now I edit myself before I get started.

Cheryl said...

Hi Mary,
The book study looks interesting. I don't know if I have time for it though. I'll be interested to see how it goes for you. Happy New Year!