Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Un-anniversary

Today is our 25th Un-Anniversary!

When we first got engaged (at 18) we hoped for just 2 years of engagement. We set a date and bought our rings. Then my first car died, and his. Then his parents washer and dryer died. Then my parents washer and dryer died. I think their car died too.
We postponed the wedding.

My Mum was pleased we made such a smart decision and sent us on an Engaged encounter as a gift. But on the day we had originally planned to marry we took off for the day. It poured buckets but off we went to Newport.

No we didn't elope-- but it became our special day.

32 years ago Dear you said you'd marry me and 25 years ago I knew we'd get through anything.

I love you, Jeff!

2 comments:

Esther G. said...

Happy "Un-anniversary", Mary!

Mary B said...

Thank you! Had a great day.