Thursday, July 21, 2011

Small Success Thursday?

I've been thinking about this post all day with an attempt not to let it become complaining. See I don't mind work--physical, lifting, mowing, scrubbing etc. What I CAN'T stand is convincing every one else that getting certain tasks done within the week its requested is not nagging. Buy new sheets? They sit in  the package. Beds made? well Ok but not with a pillow case. Shower? Sure but no way to carrying more than one towel to the bathroom.

And the muttering!

Well the 'change' and the 99 degree temps were too much today to handle being the mom of seven -best or not.

Successes?
1. All children are alive.
2. There is no vodka in my iced coffee.
3. My kitchen is cleaner than last week.

I can't wait to go to work tommorrow.

5 comments:

BlessedMomto1 said...

Oh so true. I love the small successes. Keep it up Mary. You are amazing!

*kate said...

I hope this next week is better! And a clean kitchen is a major accomplishment around here :)

SherryTex said...

I hear you! It can be very hard when it feels like you're the only one pitching. Hang in there, enjoy the ice coffee and know, you're not alone.

JJ's Mom said...

Aaahhh - everyone has those weeks. Enjoy the little things! but for the record - Bailey's in your iced coffee is far from a sin :) Hope the week only gets better! God Bless

Mary B said...

Retail therapy! Needed a watch and did well at Kohl's. Then had time for a Staples run before work.