Thursday, August 4, 2011

Small Success Thursday- Cape Cod version

Having a wonderful time here at my Mother-in-law's home. I feel like I need to be on top of the job search so I'm not fully vacationing but I did make sure to be mom.

1) actually watched them play at the beach: not just because I had 3 internet friends nearly lose a child in a swimming accident this summer. (scary!) I just remembered they won't always play this way. I think the teens are really having a hard time without Grandpa this visit though.

2) took one daughter and my SIL shopping: Found cute shoes for all three of us and future work clothes for me! 2 professional dresses-- and let my teen choose 'teacher jewelry' for me.

3) took the three little girls for an adventure: Playground trip and ice cream included a visit to the beaches their older siblings used to swim. Vistited Glendale and Bank St despite a huge traffic jam in Harwich I wasn't expecting. Had our cones at the Weatherdeck. yum

Don't forget Moms to visit Sherry at Chocolate for your Brain and share your Small Successes. It's so easy to focus on what's gone wrong instead.

5 comments:

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge said...

Kudos on #1, I struggle with that myself.

munchesmom said...

Sounds like you've had a lot of fun this week! Great success in that!

*kate said...

Sounds like a wonderful vacation :) Good luck with your job search!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Beaches and ice cream...sounds good to me!

SherryTex said...

Swimming is one of those great joys/terrors for moms. Glad you got to enjoy this time with them and it sounds like you really had blessed vacationing time. Great for you and your kiddos! Prayers.